Wednesday 17 March 2010

Audience Feedback for Magazine Advertisement (1)

In order to begin my second magazine design I thought it necessary to gather some audience feedback on my first design. Therefore, I asked a group of people the following questions:

  1. Does this magazine advertisement grab your attention?
  2. Do you like the layout of the advert?
  3. What can be improved about this advert?

Here are some of the views I collected on the three specific questions:

Sarah Jane: 'This magazine advertisement does catch the eye of the passer by, however when studying the advertisement one may find the advert too simple and less creative. I beleive the layout of this text is great! It allows you to easily read the information provided. In order to improve this I would give the magazine advert background a more detailed look'.

Liah Campbell: 'I think this design is simple and not too detailed. The magazine advertisement is layered in a way which enables you to quickly gather the key details needed for this advert. If I was to change this advert, I would change the background as there looks like there is too much white space'.

Sabrina Mohammed: 'When looking at this magazine advertisement I found it very attractive, the use of colours allow the magazine advert to look simplistic. The layout is very neat. If I was to improve this I would use one picture and made it clearer'.

Candice Modeste: 'When I first looked at this advertisement, the choice of colour and picture grabbed my attention straight away, it's great! The layout is perfect as everything is clearly stated, nothing is confusing. If I had to change this advertisement I would probably change the choice of background and make the same of the artist bolder and bigger'.

Roza Zobedey: 'The design is very uniqure, there isn't too much detailed but relevant information for the audience, which is good. The pictures are very simple and clear. The layout is good as it follows the conventions of a magazine advertisement. However, if I had to make changes to this advert I would make the detail in the same font and the same size an change the background, maybe a designed one would be more appealing?'.

Overall, from looking at the above comments, it is quite clear the background of the advert does not successfully grab the eye of the reader. Therefore, when producing my next design, I intend to find a more attractive design and work on this. The choice of colours, pictures and layout has been liked by people and therefore I will take on board the suggestions and change this.

No comments:

Post a Comment