Friday 19 March 2010

Editing Pictures for Magazine Advert

When commencing on my second design, I took the pictures I used and decided to edit these on the iMacs. As I wasn't 100% familiar with the editing software I have not been able to successfully give the pictures a 'professional' look, but have managed to change it's original form.




Here, I blurred the edges of the picture, turned its original form into the sepia mode and changed the saturation level, enhancing brightness or sometimes darkness into the picture. I also thought it necessary to crop the picture as I wanted the focus to be on the face of the artist and not on the background of the picture.

In this picture, by playing around with the saturation level, I gave the picture a blue tint to it. This was not intended, but I kept it this way as I thought it was original. I used the modal key on the iPhoto editor to give the round border shape to the picture, enclosing on the main focus, being the artist is face.




In this picture I have cropped it to a smaller size in order to make the focus of the picture clear. i thought this may be a usable picture as you are able to see the artist is full body ( long-shot). Once again, a light sepia tone has been applied to the picture.
I intend to begin to use these pictures in my next design now and hopefully be able to blend it in well with the overall design.

No comments:

Post a Comment