Tuesday 6 April 2010

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stage?

Throughout the vert start of all three of my productions, the research and planning stage, construction of my video, and the creation of my digipak and magazine advertisement, media technology played a vital role in every single one of these constructions.


When beginning my research and planning, Youtube enabled me to view several different music videos. From regarding these videos, both as a group and individually, it aided us to come up with ideas of our own for our very own production. Not only did it help us with ideas, but the more i used Youtube to watch 'RnB' videos I became to familiarise with typical conventions 'RnB' producers used. It also allowed me to pause the videos and analyse them, along with permitting me to take screen shots. This was a great advantage as our chosen genre was 'RnB', we was able to follow some of the conventions.


Another form of media technology I used was music channels such as TMF, MTV and so on. Not only were we able to view the videos on a wide screen, gaining the auduence view but most music videos talk about the videos, mainly analysing them. From this I was able to collect ideas and link them into my construction.


I beleive if it wasn't for the internet, I would not have been able to construct this production. The internet for my production has come to great help from the start ( research and planning) till the end (gaining audience, feedback). I was able to research into the genre 'RnB', different artists and gather crucial information. Google and googlee images aided when gathering pictures for my digipak and advertisement. I was able to find useful and appealing pictures.


When actually constructing our music video, we were provided with cameras and tripods allowing us to work with the best results. We then worked on our shots with iMovie. iMovie allowed us to edit our footage, providing us with several different features that could be applied to our video. The iMovie also permitted us to record our song, we was able to finish with a clear recording that was later put onto our soundtrack. Each time we edited or uploaded our work was saced onto a external hard drive. This hard drive came to great use as we were able to take our work to the CLC training centre and work on our shots there.


Overall, media technology was a great advantage to my production as it permitted us to produce productions to an excellent standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment