Wednesday 24 February 2010

What have you learnt from your audience feedback from your overall Digipak?

After the completion of any new product, it is vital to collect audience feedback as this permits you to bring ideas together. In order to do this, I put together a questionnaire and handed this out to a group of people via Facebook. These are the three questions I asked,

  • What characteristics do you like best about the digipak?
  • What characterisitcs do you not like about the digipak?
  • How would you improve this digipak?And why would you improve this?

I composed all the answers I collected for each question and worked on them, making an overal conclusion. Here are the views I gathered for the three questions above,

Candice Modeste: 'This album cover is likeable as it has a simle and appealing design and the album cover is not too crowded. The picture is also attractive and stays in line with the design. Thealbum cover may however prove too simple for some potential buyers who would prefer a 'busier' album cover where there is more to look at. If anything could be changed it would maybe be the background colour or design so that it would strike a happy medium to suit audiences who like both 'simple' and 'busier' looking album covers.'

Roza Zobedey: 'The album cover has a nice unique design with an attractive picture at the centre and simple designs surrounding the central picture. However, it can also be seen to be too simple and plain which some people may find boring, and so to improve I would suggest a change in the background colour, make it brighter with more detailed designs to appeal to a wide range of people'.

Sarah Williams: 'I find this digipak appealing as its simple designs gives the album a simple and elegant outlook. I like the choice of light colours as the album doesn't look too packed. In order to improve this album cover, I beleive a more striking background will enable it to improve the album cover's outlook. Overall, I would purchase this album cover for its simple outlook!'

Liah Campbell: 'The album cover is simple yet it still manages to catch the eye, the picture is pleasant looking and really pulls the entire cover together. The background however, could be a little more interesting to look at in order to engage people and attracts them to it.'

Overall, from the ideas I have collected above, it is obvious the background of the digipak comes across as 'plain'. My initial intention was to choose a white background in order to allow the album cover come across as neat, I was also influenced by Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs from an imperfect angel' album cover. The fact that the digipak is not too crowded was a positive point made by people. I think if I had to create another digipak, I would most deffinately choose a designed background as this seems to be an important and realisable aspect on a digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment