Tuesday 23 February 2010

Final Album Cover


Front Cover

Back Cover


Spine of album cover

After several attempts on various programmes including Macromedia, Photoshop and Paint I have decided on my final album cover. I have chosen to use this album cover as my final piece, as I feel it is the best design. The use of butterflies on the front and back album cover expresses the feminine feel to the album. It also corresponds to the love songs in the album. In our music video, we see our main character Sarah towards the end of the video moving on, therefore it can be said the butterflies represent Sarah as they spread their wings and fly away, hence moving on. The choice of gold ontop of a white background was from the influence of Mariah Carey's album, "Memoirs of an imperfect angel". I feel in comparison to my black and gold design, the white and gold allows the album to gain a more effective look, permitting the album to obtain a wide range of an audience. The italic writing is a typical convention from the 'RnB' genre, and therefore I have embedded this into my album cover design. Evidently, the italic writing also allows the album to have a feminine outlook, and it is for this reason why many 'RnB' albums choose to use an italic font in order to depict the feminine artist. The italic writing can be said to give the album a more natural look and I have also used this as many people preferred an italic font when I carried out my questionnaire. I have chosen to use this picture on my album cover as she looks directly at you, engaging a wide range of an audience. This effective looks makes the album cover feel more personal and allows the audience to feel as though they have a connection with the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment