Monday 1 March 2010

How did you use media technology in the construction; and research and planning stages of your music video?

Media technology was the key foundation to the production of our music video. Each time we filmed or worked on our video a media technology was involved through the process. From the cameras to the iMacs, media technology plays a vital role in the development of our music video.

Construction
When creating our video, media technology was our key material. Using the camera and tripod allowed us to film and develops our video during the first stages of our task, resulting to steady filming. The tripod permitted us to work quickly ans effectively with a creative flow to the task. Once we finished our filming our next stage was to upload our filming onto the iMacs. The iMacs were used constantly, during our lesson times and our free periods, therefore iMovie software helped us to gain a successful result. The iMac did not just aid us with our filming, but also with the creation of our music and song. This great technology helped us record our song, which later made it easy to upload to our video as it was all in one programme.

Research
Media technology facilitated my research when constructing my video. I used technology e.g the internet to study different 'RnB' videos, and the genre on a whole in order to inspire me. The internet, an increasingly vital tool in today's society, provided me with a great amount of information which aided me to plan my promo video. I carried out some of my research through questionnaires, and this was made on a laptop, once again technology playing a part in my research. Therefore technology plays an important part in my research as if it wasn't for technology I would not have been able to successfully carry out as much research as I have. I beleive it is the research stage is the most crucial part as it reflects on your final result.
Planning
When planning our music promo video technology helped to make this stage easy. We began planning our storyboard and later scanned our documents. This enabled us to gain audience feedback where we was able to collect different views and take on suggestions people made. We also spent a lesson on the reknown software 'Garageband'. This specific planning stage was not as successful for our group as we did not choose any of the songs provided on the software, however this is not to say the software did not give is ideas for our very own song. Technology was important when planning as it helped our group acquire different ideas with the use of uploading our beginning plans, e.g. the start of our song in order to gain audience feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment