Saturday 13 February 2010

Pictures For Album Cover & Magazine Advert

I have chosen to use the following pictures for my digipak design and magazine design as they fit into the conventions of 'RnB'. There are several different shots here for me to choose and work from, some being medium shots, long shots and close-up shots. I have began to edit a few of the pictures in preparation for the design of my digipak.

Here, I have made the background of the original picture in one black and the other white. I did this to see which one gave a more professional look, and came to a conclusion the black background did. In order to do this I used Photoshop which I downloaded onto my laptop.


Evidently I have changed the saturation of both pictures here. I did this in order to make the picture more appealing and attractive to my targeted audience.

I have made the background to this picture white, giving it a professional look. This has been done for me to keep as a picture which I can use for either my digipak or magazine advert allowing my designs to look proficient.

Above, I have cropped the original picture and made more of a focus to the face. I have also changed the tone, making it a more vibrant red colour. I have done this as red has many connotations in the genre of 'RnB' therefore if I do intend to use this picture in any of my designs it will be easy for me to explain why I have. The red allows the picture to look more eye-catching and promiscious.


This picture has been given a "pencil" effect along with a white background. This has been done whilst experimenting with the Photoshop software. I've decided this can be one of the pictures I can use.





  • Other pictures which I have not yet worked on but intend to use for my designs are:





No comments:

Post a Comment