Saturday 30 January 2010

Results From Questionnaire

After giving out my questionnaire to several people and posting it on "Blogger" and "Facebook", I have finally collected the results and successfully graphed them. Overall 20 people answered my questionnaire.Evidently from the graph above most people beleive the front of an album cover is very important. This shows when producing my own album cover I have to make sure the front of the album cover is reflective and stands out as 11 out of 20 people have noted it is the key feature of the album.

From my collected data, I have found "A colourful and detailed album cover" appeals to most people rather than "A black and white album cover". Therefore, I have decided to produce my album cover in colour and not just black and white as this will evidently appeal to a wider range of audiences.
The results from "Which camera shot do you beleive is more attractive?" has influenced me to use a full body shot for the production of my very own album cover. "A full body shot" appealed to 12 out of 20 people whilst a "Extreme close-up shot" only appealed to one person. This maybe because a full body shot is more attractive and allows the audience to familiarise with the artist.

To gain a clear idea on the number of panels which would appeal to most people I included this question. 13 out of 20 people preffered a four panel digipak as it is a light weighted album. As a result I will be giving my digipak four panels.

Many digipaks today include booklets based on the album. I wanted to find out if people found these booklets useful or not in order to know whether or not to include it in my slbum production. Clearly, from the graph above 15 out of 20 people find the bookleys "very useful". Only three found the booklets "useful" and one "not useful". I have decided to include a booklet as the results from my questionnaire have shown they are constructive.

The font of an album cover is a key feature as it is one of the main characteristics which grabs the audience is attention. Above my results shows the writing font "italic" is mostly preferred to a "bold font". An italic font will also reflect on the female artist, following the conventions of a female album cover. As stated above, "background information on the artist" is the most appealing trait of an album cover. This is obvious as it allows the audiences knowledge of the artist to widen.

No comments:

Post a Comment